Gosh, I love November! The sights, sounds, and smells of autumn have hit their peak here in New England and we're now heading into winter and the Holiday season. This year, Michelle and I are hosting Thanksgiving dinner for the first time and we're pretty excited about it. In the spirit of the season, we have some great new products for you, including some great gift options as we head into Christmas.
- "Apple Oops" - This new product with a funny name is a delicious apple syrup with a hint of cinnamon. It's fantastic on pancakes, waffles, french toast, or even as a glaze for pork or chicken. Try it!
- Winter & Holiday Themed Gift Baskets - We all have those people in our lives who are hard to shop for. What better than a handcrafted edible treat from our pantry. Gift baskets come in a number of different containers and can be customized to fit the recipient's tastes and your budget.
- Snowman Gift Boxes - We're happy to offer two styles of beautiful winter-themed gift boxes. Select a few items from our store and one of the boxes and we'll put-together a delicious package sure to warm anyone's heart.
- Toffee & Macaroons are Back!! - We're able to make and ship chocolate again now that the colder weather is here to stay. We're also experimenting to try to bring back the marshmallow-filled chocolate treats we had for Easter. Stay tuned.
- Discounted Shipping - Want to buy a single item but don't want to plunk-down twelve bucks to ship it? No problem! If you order contains a single item, we'll calculate the postage by weight instead of flat-rate and refund any overpayment.
- First Class Shipping Option (Beta Test) - We're currently experimenting with first-class parcel post shipping as a cheaper alternative to our 2-3 day priority mail service. If you don't need your order in a hurry or you're only ordering one item, this is probably a good option for you. Currently, we're only offering this to our mailing list subscribers. Please pay the normal shipping price and write "Please Ship First Class" in the message to seller field during checkout. We'll calculate the postage and refund the difference to you.
1 loaf of pound cake (bake or buy)
1 jar JM Creative "Apple Oops" Syrup
1/2 pint heavy or whipping cream
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1) If using a store-bought cake, remove any packaging. Place the cake on a cooling rack set over a cookie sheet with a lip.
2) Using a skewer or a fork, poke a large number of holes in the top of the cake, pushing down as far as the skewer will go.
3) Empty the jar of "Apple Oops" into a measuring cup with a pour spout. Heat in the microwave 1 to 3 minutes or until warm.
4) Gently pour the apple oops syrup on the top of the cake, going slowly enough so that the majority of the syrup soaks into the cake instead of dripping off. Take breaks if necessary. Use the entire jar. Let cake sit for 15 minutes.
5) In a stand mixer or a medium bowl with a hand-held mixer, whip the heavy cream on high. Once it starts to develop foam, add the sugar and and continue whipping until you get stiff peaks.
6) Using a rubber spatula, top the pound cake with the whipped cream. Sprinkle a little of the cinnamon on top for decoration and a hint of cinnamon flavor.
7) Slice and serve. Refrigerate any unused cake.