How we love the harvest season and it is definitely upon us! Fresh fruits and veggies abound at the farmer's markets and farm stands. Justin spent a few hours this week in the fields harvesting delicious, juicy red raspberries. You'll love the bright, sweet flavor of our new product, Locally-Grown Raspberry Jam!
- Locally-Grown Raspberry Jam - Made from fresh local raspberries hand-picked from a small family farm. This jam has a firmer set than most of our jams and a bright raspberry flavor.
- College Care Packages - We're happy to offer college care packages in two sizes, small ($30) and large ($55). Each care package offers your homesick student the comforts of home with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, handcrafted soups, and other great treats.
- Jam Sampler Three-Packs - We have a limited quantity of our jam sampler three-packs. Buy these now and put them away for Christmas! The three 4-oz jars are a delicious handmade gift.
(Inspired by: Two-Layer Blackberry Jam Cake)
1 1/2 sticks of butter, room-temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup JM Creative Local Blueberry Jam
3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
buttercream frosting or fresh whipped cream to frost or garnish
1) Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, beating well.
2) In a separate bowl, sift-together flour and baking soda.
3) Add flour mixture to wet mixture a little at a time, mixing together thoroughly.
4) Stir-in nuts (optional) and blueberry jam. Mix well.
5) Pour into a single greased and floured cake pan or pie plate.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes until a toothpick or skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
7) Either cool completely and frost with buttercream frosting or serve slightly warm with a dollap of whipped cream. Garnish with fresh blueberries if available.