Michelle and I just returned from a wonderful bed and breakfast weekend in Maine. Maine is really ahead of us with the foliage and cool weather, so we were able to enjoy all that autumn has to offer in terms of beauty, hearty comfort foods, and relaxation. We hope you're enjoying the season wherever you are.
Exclusive Items for Our Most Valued Customers
Repeat customers are our lifeblood. With that in mind, we're offering you a few exclusive deals! Take advantage of these deals to stock-up on holiday hostess or Christmas gifts, items for the holiday table, or just to treat yourself. To order any of these items, email jmcreative@creativeinterests.
- Local Blackberry Jam - We have a very limited supply of locally grown blackberry jam made from hand-picked blackberries. This is not available online at this time. We're offering it only to you, our most valued customers. 5.99 (8oz Jar)
- Pickles! - We're happy to offer custom orders for freshly made pickles. Choose from classic dill, bread & butter, or half-sour (aka deli-style). Because these are made-to-order, we ask that you order at least two 16oz jars at a time. $4.99 each (16oz Jar).
- English Toffee & Macaroons are Back! - We're happy to announce that we've brought-back our popular English Toffee and Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons. These products were on hiatus for the summer months because we couldn't ship them without the chocolate melting.
- Pasta Discontinued - Our hand-made semolina pasta has been discontinued because the drying process is unreliable and produces too much waste. We're looking for a way to bring it back soon, so keep your eyes out.
4 Boneless-Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup JM Creative Peach Jam
1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar
salt and pepper
1) In a small bowl, combine vinegar and peach jam.
2) Microwave jam mixture on high 1 minute at a time until completely melted and liquid. Stir well and set aside.
3) Pound each chicken breast to an even thickness with a meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy saucepan.
4) Generously salt and pepper each side of the chicken breasts.
5) Heat oil in a large saute pan on medium-high. Using tongs, place the chicken breasts into the pan. Allow to cook on high, not moving the chicken until it is completely brown on one side. Turn each piece of chicken over.
6) Cook chicken on medium-high until the second side is completely browned. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through.
7) Remove chicken to serving platter. Pour jam mixture over chicken, using a spoon or pastry brush to completely coat each piece of meat.
8) Sprinkle pecans on top and serve. This dish pairs well with white rice and steamed green vegetables (broccoli, green beans, etc.).