We hope you all had a wonderful week and a fantastic holiday weekend. It was a bit chilly here in New England this weekend and a bit drab and dreary for a few days last week but we were excited to see the farmer's markets getting ready to go full-swing and my container garden is looking more and more green by the day. That said, we've introduced some new products and great deals for you this week!
New Products & Great Deals
- New! Recycled Cotton Wash Cloths - Michelle has been hard at work making some of our traditional cotton wash cloths using yarn made from 75% recycled cotton and 25% acrylic. Not only do they help the planet by being washable and reusable, but these cloths saved a lot of cotton trimmings from ending-up in the landfill. They're incredibly soft and an elegant gray-beige color that the manufacturer calls "almond". We have one set of four in stock and another set on the way. Of course, we'll gladly take special orders for your choice of color.
- New! Half-Pound Bags of Toffee - We're happy to offer our famous English Toffee in less expensive half-pound bags. Add one to your next order. You won't regret it!
- Wedding Gifts - June is the beginning of wedding season. Give your favorite bride and groom a hand-made gift from JM Creative. Our elegant, fluffy throws are the perfect compliment to their new home. Or, order our eco-friendly wash cloths and some all-natural hand-made soap from another Etsy seller and put together a beautiful gift basket. Don't forget one of our designer kitchen towels!
- Organic Wild Blueberry Jam - Nothing but pure blueberries, some sugar, and a little bit of elbow grease (in the form of stirring) went into this batch of scrumptious blueberry jam. The jam still contains small whole berries but is spreadable enough to slather onto your morning toast or a PB&J sandwich on whole wheat bread for a light lunch.
- Toffee Ice Cream Topping - We've taken our classic Old-Fashioned English Toffee and chopped it down into a course, crunchy treat that will go great on a big scoop of ice cream or just about any decadent dessert. Sold in 4oz bags, it's a bargain at $2.99! Add a bag onto your next order. You won't regret it!
Want the latest, most up-to-date info about our newest products and what we're working on? Follow us on your favorite social networking site:
- Twitter (www.twitter.com/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/JM-
- Our New Blog: www.jmcreative.blogspot.com or jmcreative_feed.livejournal.
Free Recipe - Tomato Soup & Toasted Cheese Sandwiches
Everyone knows that grilled cheese and tomato soup is the best weekday lunch. This recipe brings it up a notch with artisan bread, two types of cheeses, and our own homemade creamy tomato soup. Serve it to luncheon guests on your best china. I guarantee they'll be pleasantly surprised.
JM Creative Creamy Tomato soup (1 jar per person)
Crusty French, Italian, or Artisan bread
Sliced Cheddar Cheese from the deli (1 slice per person)
Siced Provolone Cheeese from the deli (1 slice per person)
1) Open the tomato soup and pour into a microwave safe bowl or a sauce pan. Optionally stir-in a little milk or cream.
2 Heat soup in the microwave on high 2-3 minutes or in a sauce pan on the stove until hot.
3) Slice the bread into thick slices (about 3/4 of an inch)
4) Place one slice of each kind of cheese between two slices of bread. Repeat for as many sandwiches as you need.
5) Melt butter in the bottom of the pan and swirl to coat. Be careful to not let it burn.
6) Place sandwiches in pan and weigh them down with a heavy sauce pan, bacon press, or a teakettle half-filled with water.
7) Cook until bottoms are toasted and brown. Flip sandwiches ad weigh them down again.
8) When the second side is brown and cheese has melted, remove to a cutting board and slice diagnally. Serve with a piping-hot bowl of the tomato soup.