We hope this newsletter finds you well. It's starting to look and feel like spring here in Rhode Island and after the winter we've had, the nice weather is a welcomed change. We have a few new products and great deals to tell you about, so I won't waste your time and get right to the good stuff:
New Products & Great Deals
- Free Shipping on Throws - Our two adult-sized throws (one in brown, one in burgundy) are now being offered with free shipping. Going to a wedding shower this spring? Surprise the bride and groom with a cozy hand-made throw for their new living room. We can produce these same throws to order with special color requests provided that you give us enough notice.
- Tomato Soup is Back in Stock - Our Creamy Tomato Soup is back in stock! Stock-up your pantry or desk drawer and save money on lunch.
- New Product: Creamy Corn Chowder - We're happy to announce a new product, "Creamy Corn Chowder". This smooth, silky, sweet chowder is absolutely divine. And, if that's not good enough, it's also very low in fat and calories because no cream is actually added to the soup!
- New Product: Hearty Meat Chili - We're now offering a hearty meat chili with either Beef or Turkey (your choice). The chili has a mild heat, so add a shot of your favorite hot sauce if you like something more fiery. Perfect for watching the game, tailgating, or as a topping for grilled hot dogs.
Mother's day is right around the corner! Give your Mom the gift of something hand made. Please note the following ordering deadlines for arrival by Mother's day:
- Food & Candy Orders - Order must be received by Monday, April 27th at 9:00am.
- Pantry Items marked "In-Stock" - Order must be received by 8:00am on Wednesday, April 29th.
- Crocheted items marked "In-Stock" - Order must be received by 8:00am on Wednesday, April 29th.
Store "Closed" for Vacation 5/2 through 5/9
We will be traveling from May 2nd through May 9th and will not have email access. During that time, the store will be placed on vacation status and will not be accepting orders. Stock-up on your favorite pantry items before then! Please use our Mother's Day shipping deadlines (above) to assure delivery before we leave.
New "Sister Site" Food Blog
Justin has started writing a food blog. The blog will take a look at food and cooking from the perspective of a home and hobbiest cook. In particular, there will be a number of entries over the next few months on "Thrifty Cooking" during these tough economic times including recipes. Follow along with Justin's food adventures at www.EatMyAsparagus.com
Follow us on Twitter
JM Creative has a twitter feed. Join our twitter feed at: www.twitter.com/
Be the first to find out when new items go on sale!
Free Recipe - Chicken Corn Casserole
- 1 16oz jar JM Creative "Creamy Corn Chowder"
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 package egg noodles (or similar pasta)
- 1 cup bread crumbs (seasoned or plain)
- 3 tablespoons butter
1) Prepare egg noodles as described on package
2) Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Saute in a skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat until chicken is cooked-through. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
3) Melt butter in the microwave and mix with the bread crumbs in a small bowl. Put aside.
4) Open the jar of corn chowder and empty the thickener packet into the jar. Close the jar and shake vigorously until no lumps remain.
5) Empty the jar of corn chowder into a glass or ceramic casserole dish. Add chicken and noodles and stir to combine. If the mixture seems dry, add a bit of milk, cream, or water.
6) Level mixture with a spoon and sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly on top.
7) Bake in a 350 degree oven until bubbly and bread crumbs have begun to brown and get crispy.
8) Remove from oven, cool slightly and serve.